Before the weekend I tried adding a photo option for Sametime Chats but had no luck. This morning I thought I would give it another try. I found a few different articles online that were pretty useful. Here is a link to what I found most helpful. Adding Pictures to Sametime
I thought I would need to restart some services on my IM server for this to take affect, but after an hour of changing the pubnames.ntf and adding a picture to my person doc, my picture was visible.
If a picture does not show up, try to right click a person's name and click"refresh person info"
1 comment:
Hi Bryan,
I have tried this as well. It's a great feature although a bit unnecessary complex to accomplish in my opinion. It should be possible without having to modify the design, but I'm sure there are good reasons. Here's another great tutorial by the way -> http://www.bingham.co.za/ _ wp-content/uploads/2006/08/ _ ST75BusinessCardsv11.pdf
Another fun thing to do is to modify the actual sametime connect client by adding your own picture there for example. I read an article on developerWorks about this and did it on my own and it worked just fine. I blogged about it here with my reflections and results -> http://thinkgreat.blogspot.com/ _ 2007/04/my-first-sametime-75-plugin.html
Post a Comment