I was wondering if there is a way in with DWA 7.0 or maybe with the new 8.0 for folder notification for new email. Currently in Notes Client Version 8.0 Beta 3 ....and in several older versions of Notes you get this when new email comes into a Folder.
Without that Bold Font and (Number) I wouldnt think to look in that folder.On the web ....there is not, or maybe I'm not aware of a change in Folder when new mail arrives. This can be a pain to those who have many folders with mail rules setup.

Is there an option for this on the web? And if there is how can I access it.
Thanks in advance.
2 comments:
Haha - nope and Lotus doesn't intend to add it in 8 because of performance issues with enabling it.
Hi Bryan,
I agree it would certainly be useful if the functionality were an option in DWA as well. As far as I know it isn't possible or at least not an easy way to do it.
I found a technote on developerWorks about how to enable or disable the unread count for folders (http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss
?uid=swg21087629). But when taking a closer look at it one realizes that it's intended for the notes client.
And when thinking about it, as the entire Domino Web Access user interface is composed of HTML, Javascript, CSS and images, if there isn't an option in the preferences or a handy INI-parameter to turn it on, it probably isn't an easy thing to fix it, but hardly impossible.
Let us know if you come up with something :-)
/ Nick
Post a Comment