Thursday, May 31, 2007

Blackberry 8800

Yesterday I found out I was going to be upgrading to a newer Blackberry. For those of you who don't know I maintain our companies internal BES Server. It's pretty small with about 150 users. Recently I upgraded our BES to 4.1 Hot Fix 3. It seems to have corrected the issue of not being able to delete emails off of the handheld with the Blackberry Pearl (8100) and Blackberry 8800. Before this upgrade several users would have to go in and delete their messages manually with Desktop Manager(Backup/Restore -->Advanced-->Select messages and click clear).



--First impressions of my Blackberry 8800 --
  • I didn't think I would like the trackball, but its not to bad. It can be a bit touchy at times and scroll a little more than you like...but overall its good.
  • The option to add an SD card is very nice. The speakers sound quality is quite clear and well designed for a phone.
  • The holster, packaged with the 8800 is pretty impressive. My old 8700 case would fall out at times. The 8800 holster would hold the phone in if you were running up and down hills.
  • Internal GPS(TeleNav), I have not had a chance to work with this feature, but the idea of it is cool enough in itself.
I guess thats about it for now...I'm sure I'll have more to say about it once I've used it more. Check back for more updates.

No comments: