Saturday, March 08, 2008

Macbook 2.2ghz Black

So after over a year of wanting a MAC i finally broke down and bought one last night at Best Buy.  I picked up the Macbook (Black) 2.2ghz 1gb Ram, Leopard OS, iLife 08,, I plan to up to 4gb of ram soon enough.  I'm going to upload Office, and Logic Express for sure.  I must say with the little I've used it so far it is amazing.  I look forward to getting very familiar with this MAC.

Since I am new to the MAC if anyone has any good articles or advice for me(i.e software to have, tricks and tips) I would appreciate it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't bother with Microsoft Orifice. Get NeoOffice!

http://www.neooffice.org/neojava/en/index.php

Anonymous said...

I have a MacBook (White) 2.2ghz 2Mb RAM 120Gb HDD.

NeoOffice definitely tho' some will swear by iWork for presentations.

I'm currently using CODA and CSSEdit for web stuff (I also use Dreamweaver in Windows see later).

I'm evaluating DrawIt for vector based graphics and use ArtRage2 where others might use illustrator.

I chose VM Ware Fusion rather than Parrallels mostly because I use VM Ware in the Office. In my Windows XP VM I run Notes 8.01 all clients, Studio MX (it's old I know), etc

Cubase Studio 4 seems to run fine and GarageBand is OK.

I wrote a few things about my recent experiences with the MAC here: http://weblog.jasonhookonline.com

I think you'll enjoy your new computer I'm sure you won't regret it.

Anonymous said...

SWEEEEETTT!!!!