Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Referees!

Last night my Winthrop Eagles faced off against the small Division 1 Mount Saint Mary's school of Maryland. Though the Eagles were up by double digits nearly the entire game, the Ref's about cost us the game. For a long stretch of the game I think Mount Saint Mary's could have tackled one of our guys and they still wouldn't have called a foul. The Ref's also called a technical on Coach Marshall which got the crowd even more stirred up. So I will say this, the bad calls made the game much more interesting and exciting then it would have been.

One thing I will say in Mount's favor is one of their players did end up tackling one of the Ref's.(by accident) ...

Torrell Martin continues to be the leader in this team with his clutch shooting. This win puts the Eagles at 8-3 and undefeated at home. Go Eagles!

No comments: